Abstract submission has been closed and final decision notified.
We are delighted to have received nearly 300 abstracts for the Wageningen Soil Conference, which will take place August 27-30th, 2019. From the abstracts accepted for oral presentation we are expecting a great line up of fascinating talks and poster pitches in the morning sessions, alongside 30 masterclasses which will take place in the afternoons. Make sure that you register on time!
If you did not receive the abstract acceptance notification via email please contact us.
Please find below oral and poster presentation instructions.
The WSC2019 Organising Committee.
Special issue in the European Journal of Soil Science
In this special issue we will invite papers presented at the Wageningen Soil Conference (2019) and public submission to address the issue of measuring, mapping and evaluating soil functions from ped to planet, with an additional section addressing the synergies and trade-offs which occur between soil functions. The goal of the Wageningen Soil Conference series is to achieve a better understanding of the role of soil in supporting a range of ecosystem services. We consider that the soil contributes to a range of ecosystem services through the provision of five key soil functions; primary productivity, nutrient cycling, habitat for soil biodiversity, water regulation and carbon management for climate regulation. The special issue will follow the conference format with four key topic areas for submission of papers:
- Soil functions for society (land management and policy applications);
- Innovative methods for measuring soil functions (lab, field or sensor technology);
- Modelling & mapping of soil functions across scales (temporal, spatial and social);
- Synergies and trade-offs between soil functions (primary productivity; biodiversity; nutrient cycling; water resources; carbon and climate regulation).
Details on paper submission dates will be announced closer to the conference.
Instructions and format for oral and poster presentations
- Duration: 12 minutes with additional 3 minutes for questions, so max. 15 min.
- For oral presentations please be aware that the screen size is 16:9
- Presentations will be uploaded to the computers in the conference rooms that operate under Windows. We do not allow personal laptops to be used for the presentations.
One-minute oral poster presentation:
- Every poster presenter gets the opportunity to pitch his/her poster in a one-minute talk
- The poster pitches conclude each thematic plenary/parallel session
- After the plenary/parallel sessions pitches presenters can discuss their poster/research with interested colleagues during the poster session (see Programme for exact times)
Instructions on the format of the posters:
- Poster size: A0 (approx. 85 x 120 cm)
- Orientation: Portrait
- We will provide you with pins to fix your poster
More detailed info will be regularly updated on our website.