Are you a young researcher (MSc/PhD student)? And are you ready to explain your research to a broad audience in just three minutes? Then apply for our science communication competition! On Wednesday August 28th, from 17:00-18:30, we offer 10 young researchers the opportunity to pitch their work to conference participants and other interested people.
Your pitch will be assessed by a jury and the winner awaits a nice prize. Do not miss this opportunity!
You can apply if you are
- Registered as participant of the Wageningen Soil Conference by May 30th, 2019
- MSc student or PhD candidate at the time of registration
- Motivated to pitch your research to a broad audience in three minutes
- Able and willing to be present in Wageningen in the late afternoon/evening (exact time to be announced) of Monday August 26th, 2019
- Priority will be given to those PhD and MSc students that have not been assigned an oral presentation during a plenary or parallel session
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to pitch your research in 3 minutes on Wednesday August 28th, 2019
- Feedback from the jury on your pitch
- A 100€ discount on the conference fee for the 10 participants selected, generously sponsored by the European Association of Geochemistry
- A training session for selected candidates in the late afternoon/evening of Monday August 26th, 2019
- A prize for the winner
- When registering, indicate on the form that you are interested in participating in the science communication competition. Note that registration for the competition is only possible during Early Bird registration for the conference, i.e. before May 30th.
- You will receive further information on how to submit your application from us
- We will select 10 candidates from the submitted applications. These candidates are offered a training session on Monday August 26th and will present their pitch on Wednesday August 28th